This one’s for the cycling buffs out there. Dave spent a rewarding Tuesday evening working on his beastly bike and wanted to share the result.
The bike is a Raleigh Stonefly mountain bike, about 15 years old. The stickers are all taped over, as they were peeling off. The effect is a neat two-tone black and silver frame!
The frame, wheels, tyres, gears, brakes and drivetrain are stock, but the handlebars and seat are taken from a 1970s Universal road bike bought from a car boot sale (for a higher, comfier ride).
Added extras include:
- Spot and flashing LED lights.
- Front and read MTB mudguards.
- Luggage rack taken from the Universal.
- D lock and flexible lock (recommended security).
- Water bottle rack and bottle.
- Mini MTB tyre pump strapped on with bungee cord.
- Emergency foam puncture repair strapped on with bungee.
- Coming soon: Stand off the Universal (bracket needed).
This bike gets commuted on every day, now that the weather is wet. Why not share your own bike specs and pics? Tweet @GreenSnowPod and encourage others to get cycling.